The Global Account Director (GAD) is responsible for providing overall prospecting, leadership, and sales strategy for high value, complex global accounts in an effort to increase market share, loyalty and profitability. The GAD is responsible for identifying growth opportunities in collaboration with field sales and operational partners, building long-term, value-based account relationships, mapping all revenue streams to grow share, and driving superior business results. Specific areas of responsibility include establishing, managing and communicating overall account strategies, mapping buyers to accounts, defending and growing market share and revenue targets for assigned accounts, and liaising with relevant cross-discipline operational and sales departments to ensure effective pull-through of account strategies.
Key skills should include:
- Business knowledge with complimentary skills to understand the customers’ business drivers and align to solution.
- Ability to communicate business transformational solutions via sales presentations, short-term, mid-term, and long-term opportunity management via one-on-one, small and large groups, C-level and face-to-face.
- Skills in strategic selling; contemporary negotiation; explores positions and alternatives to reach outcomes that gain the acceptance of all parties.
- Skills in planning, delegating, implementing, managing and improving processes that bring initiatives to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to builds alliances and networks within the industry to stay abreast of trends and opportunities that will be beneficial to the customer and company; develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to approach problems with open-mindedness, generates innovative ideas and solutions, and stimulates creativity and innovation in others; displays persistent, tenacious and achievement-oriented behaviors.
- Ability to understand all booking platforms available to the client and work with key stakeholders to build and support best model. Understands and manages a large and extended strategic sales cycle, appropriately navigating a complex selling environment.
- If you have at least 5 years experience within a B2B global Account Management role and ideally are educated to degree level, then call us immediately for a confidential discussion.